Sunday, March 21, 2010

Uncle Charlie

This is my Uncle Charlie. Friday I attended his funeral. He was my father's only sibling. With his passing we are down to my generation on my father's side. It will be 13 years in May since my father passed away. Even though I was well into my 30's when he died I don't think we are ever ready to have a parent die. Heaven help me when my mother goes. I realize that is such a selfish thought. After all they have lived full lives and deserve to go on to that happy reunion with loved ones who have passed on. I am just recognizing how hard it will be. Anyway, I digress...The funeral was wonderful and I think that the words that were spoken by his children and friends were a wonderful tribute to who he was (is). I don't remember specifics but I remember that they were always happy in that home and they were always so happy to see me. This is a trait that he shared with my father who loved everyone! I couldn't quite wrap my head around this as a child and a youth cuz I thought my father truly made friends with some pretty interesting (weird) characters. I have since learned the secret that he knew and I am blessed by it every day. I am not saying that I am automatically accepting of everyone (I'm a little too reserved in my nature) but I have figured out the part about the love Heavenly Father has for all of his children and as such are always worth getting to know better. I have never been disappointed. There may have only been two of them but oh what a ripple effect they (and their parents) created. I can't wait to see them again.

Followers