Sunday, November 27, 2011

Handcart Trek 2011

Can I just say that I love going on a Handcart Trek?  This year makes #4.  I got to go as an aunt again and I was part of the Schmidt family.
There was Ma and Pa Schmidt and then most of us got our names from the song John Jacob Jingleheimer Schmidt.  So we had John, Jacob, Jean, Jill, Hyrum and then Mary Lou, Sarah and Winnie (me), too.

We walked......
 And walked.......
Uphill.......
And uphill.....

We got a little (understatement of the year) wet....
and had a lot of fun.









 Our fearless leaders, Los Tres Amigos.

 That's one way of supporting the bishop....we couldn't let that cranium get fried. After all, it was in charge of getting us all to the end safely.

Our wonderful support staff....cooks, wood choppers, latrine drivers, water haulers, all round fun bunch.




No comments:

Followers